Exploring the mystical, psychological, and internal dimensions of contemporary occultism and magick.
To support the podcast and access additional material, consider joining the OEITH Patreon.
- OEITH #217 The Fire Kasina Diaries (Part One)
How the technique of fire kasina meditation generates visionary and magical powers.
- OEITH #216 Near Enemies of Magick
We consider how art, history, and psychology may look like magick but can harm our magical practice.
- OEITH #215 Human Nature and the Middle Pillar
Insights from the qabalistic Tree of Life into the dilemmas of human identity.
- OEITH #214 A Contemporary Form of Chöd
The story of a night spent in a haunted place and an ancient Tibetan practice for confronting ghosts.
- OEITH #213 Magick and the Estes Method
We encounter the Estes method of spirit communication, and its potential use in magick
- OEITH #212 Confronting Cronos
We confront the archetype of Cronos (Saturn), its relevance to the contemporary world, and its qabalistic dynamics.
- OEITH #211 Guides to the Underworld
We examine how Homer, Virgil, and especially Dante might help us navigate the underworld and our relationship to the dead.
- OEITH #210 To Keep Silence
We explore the magical virtues with a particular focus on the multiple significances of keeping silence.
- OEITH #209 The Hierophant
We discuss issues of power and spiritual authority, as presented in the tarot symbolism of the Hierophant or Pope.
- OEITH #208 Personal Reflections on Awakening
Revisiting my experiences of awakening and reflecting on how things seem now.
- OEITH #207 Concentration in Meditation, Magick, and the Mainstream
We borrow some ideas from Buddhism and occultism to deconstruct mainstream misconceptions of the nature of concentration.
- OEITH #206 Telepathy and Projective Identification
Exploring the nature of telepathy, and how it might be far more common that it seems.
- OEITH #205 Reincarnation: Locating Past Lives
We consider the question of how reincarnation might manifest in everyday experience and magical practice.
- OEITH #204 Depressive Hedonia
Examining a contemporary form of discontent that presents as a mixture of depression and addiction – and its magickal antidote.
- OEITH #203 – Transformations
Borrowing concepts from psychotherapy we explore how magick produces its effects.
- OEITH #202 – Touched by a Ghost
Exploring an unsettling personal encounter with a “ghost” during a meditation retreat.
- OEITH #201 – Narcissism, Shame, and Self-Love
We consider how and why the concept of narcissism has become a term of abuse, and what it was originally designed for.
- OEITH #119 A Once and Future King
We explore the occult significance of the film Penda’s Fen (1974) written by David Rudkin and directed by Alan Clarke.
- OEITH #118 Social Class, Identity, and Plato’s Cave
We examine the pride, pain, and double-edged nature of identification, with an emphasis on differences in social class.
- OEITH #117 Magical Formulations on Gender and Sex
We explore how gender identity and sex might free or constrict us, and what magick can bring to this.
- OEITH #116 Transcendence – The Nidanas, Final Part
Diving into Buddhist teachings on the transcendental nidanas, we haul ourselves along from suffering to liberation.
- OEITH #115 Manifestation – The Nidanas, Part One
Taking the Buddha’s teachings on dependent co-arising as a model of manifestation, we consider their magical applications.
- OEITH #114 Liber Somnia (The Book of Dreams)
A wide-angled view on dreams and dreaming, considering the significance of dreams that just keep coming back.
- OEITH #113 Group Magick, Perversity, and Transgression
Navigating the twisted path between abuse and self-transformation, we explore some of the dynamics of magical groups.
- OEITH #112 A Voyage Down the Chakras
We explore the collision between traditional concepts and personal experiences of the chakras.
- OEITH #111 Haunters and the Haunted
We consider the ever-elusive nature of ghosts and hauntings.
- OEITH #110 Evil, Be Thou My Good
Grappling with the notion of “evil” and its relationship to magick.
- OEITH #109 What Possessed Me?
We consider theories, techniques, and personal experiences of channelling and possession.
- OEITH #108 The Limits of Magick
We consider what magick can do for us, but focus in particular on what it probably can’t.
- OEITH #107 Surrender to the Goddess
We discuss how to connect with spiritual entities, and their link to human desire.
- OEITH #106 Tales of the Goetia
How I discovered the Goetia, and the unsettling experiences that ensued.
- OEITH #105 The Word of the Magus
We consider what a magus might be and the supposed significance of his or her “word”.
- OEITH #104 Healing Dreams from the Temple of Asklepios
We explore dreaming as a form of magical and healing practice.
- OEITH #103 The Terrors of Awakening
Exploring the destabilizing aspects of awakening or enlightenment.
- OEITH #102 Relating with the Dead
We examine some theories and personal experiences of post-mortem relationships.
- OEITH #101 Meditation and Trauma
Considering the possible negative effects of meditation and contemplation.